The practice of general dentistry focuses on ensuring that you have good oral health so that the teeth are protected from issues such as cavities and decay. General dentistry covers a wide variety of treatments to prevent and repair problems such as disease, trauma, tooth decay, or defects of the mouth.
Most people only make visits to a dental office when they are in pain or desire corrections to their smile. However, in order to be able to make changes to your smile, your dental health should be in good condition. Regular dental checkups and professional dental cleanings are a great way to ensure that your teeth and mouth remain healthy and free of problems. Untreated oral health issues can create complications in future, so it is best to avoid them or treat them in a timely manner to prevent the development of serious dental problems.
At the office of South Florida Laser Dentistry, we provide each of our patients with a custom treatment plan based on their current oral health. Some of the general dentistry treatments offered at our practice include:
- Crowns and Bridges: Crowns are used to protect and repair a single chipped, cracked or missing tooth. Bridges are used to replace multiple consecutive missing teeth. Our practice offers high-quality porcelain crowns and bridges.
- Dentures: We offer custom-made fixed and removable dentures to help people who are missing some or all of their teeth.
- Halitosis Treatment: Halitosis is the medical term for chronic bad breath. If your bad breath is being caused by oral problems such as gum disease, tooth-decay, food stagnation, or ill-fitting dentures, we will administer appropriate treatment. This could involve a professional cleaning to get rid of plaque and bacteria or a more comprehensive scaling and root planing treatment to treat gum disease.
- Regular Checkups: Aside from a full examination, a professional cleaning, digital X-rays and fluoride applications, our routine checkups also include a comprehensive screening for oral cancer as an added measure of prevention and caution against the disease.
- Sealants: These are a thin coat of plastic that is applied to the rough surfaces of the back teeth in order to smooth them out and prevent the manifestation of plaque, bacteria and food.
- Sleep Apnea: Sleep Apnea is a sleeping disorder characterized by pauses in breathing while sleeping. It can be a life-threatening condition as the disrupted breathing that could last for several seconds to minutes causes an imbalance of oxygen and carbon dioxide levels in the blood.
- Tooth-Colored Fillings (Composite fillings): These are used to repair teeth in a natural-looking way.
Schedule your general dental appointment at South Florida Laser Dentistry by calling (954) 354-2332. Our friendly customer service team will be happy to assist you with financing options and family scheduling.