Many people fear dental visits and procedures. This often causes needed procedures to be delayed, putting these individuals at a higher risk of complications. Sedation dentistry refers to the use of sedatives to calm and relax a patient prior to a dental appointment. Sedatives induce a state of relaxation and calm, usually causing fear and anxiety to go away.
Sedation dentistry has gained popularity because of the many ways in which it helps both patients and the dentist. For some, sedation dentistry becomes the only way for them to get the dental care they need and improve their dental health.
Listed below are only a few of the many benefits offered by sedation dentistry:
- Sedation can help patients overcome the anxiety that may cause them to delay needed treatment. Dental sedation will provide a feeling of relaxation during a procedure.
- Pain-free dental experience – sedation dentistry helps the patient go through their dental procedure without any pain.
- It allows you to save time – dental procedures can be completed in less time because of the significant reduction in fear, pain and discomfort.
We offer the following sedation dentistry services at our practice:
- Laughing Gas: This involves the inhalation of the gas via a mask placed over the nose. The amount of sedative being inhaled can be controlled during the procedure, and its effects wear off soon after the gas is switched off.
- Oral Sedation: As the name suggests, oral sedation is administered in the form of a pill. The pill is given to the patient before the commencement of their dental procedure.
- Local anesthesia: Local anesthesia is used to numb a part of the mouth where treatment is to be done so that you do not feel any pain during the procedure.
For more information about sedation dentistry and how we can help you have an anxiety-free experience, please contact our office at (954) 726-4511.