Missing teeth are way more than just an appearance problem. This condition also affects the way you speak, enjoy your favorite foods, and leads to other dental problems. Everyone wants replacement teeth that look and feel natural. At the office of South Florida Laser Dentistry, we offer dental implants – permanent tooth replacements that look and function just like natural teeth.
An implant is a titanium fixture that fits into your jawbone like a screw and acts as a fixed root to which prosthetic teeth are attached. The placement of a dental implant is a surgical procedure that requires one to have enough jawbone density to successfully support the implant. The implant works by fusing with the jawbone. This process is known as osseointegration and gives you permanent replacement tooth roots.
We offer the following varieties of dental implants at our office:
- Endosteal Implants: These are the most popular type of implants. They are shaped like a cylinder or screw and require the patient to have enough jawbone density to support them.
- Subperiosteal implants: Subperiosteal implants consist of a metallic frame that works well for patients who do not have high jawbone density. They are placed on top of the jawbone, beneath the gum line.
Advantages of dental implants
- There is no preparation needed for any surrounding natural teeth for implant installation.
- There are no eating restrictions associated with dental implants, so you can eat all the foods you like.
- They prevent bone loss caused at the site of a missing tooth.
- They are permanent and look and function like natural teeth.
For more information about dental implants can enhance your smile and your life, please feel free to contact our office at (954) 726-4511 to schedule a consultation. We are conveniently located at 8201 North Pine Island Road, Suite B, Tamarac, FL 33321 .